60-Day Prep: August & September
During the 60-Day Prep cycle, writers work for sixty days to prep for publishing. Prepping to publish encompasses a variety of tasks, from marketing and branding, establishing an online presence, and connecting with others at industry events. Inspired by traffic cones and construction sites, the 60-Day Prep cycle is color-coded orange.
Where to Find 60-Day Prep Content on this Site:
- 60-Day Prep Box (this box – always located in the center of the homepage)
- Forum (see “Forum” in the horizontal main menu bar at the top of the homepage)
Note: Our Forum is a members-only Forum. To access our Forum, you will have to register for the 85K Writing Challenge. Membership is free and grants full access to the features of this site.
- Content from last year’s 60-Day Prep cycle is now located under “Blog Archive” in the horizontal main menu bar at the top of the homepage
Areas of the Site Not Active During the 60-Day Prep Cycle:
When we are in the 60-Day Prep cycle (August and September) you will not find “new” content in the following sections of the site:
- 90-Day Write (Jan-Mar)
- 60-Day Edit (May & Jun)
- 60-Day Publish (Oct & Nov)
- 30-Day Finish (Apr, Jul, Dec)
Content for these sections will open when the respective cycles are taking place.