Busy life? Too many interruptions? Wish you had more time? Having trouble finding long stretches of time to write?
Why not create a list of writing tasks you can perform when you only have 15 minutes to spare?
25 ideas to get you started:
- Write the centermost part of a conflict scene
- Write a passage of dialogue
- Write three book club discussion questions
- Create a scene summary
- Map a character arc identifying what takes place and when
- Make a list of plot points
- Create a timeline of events
- Describe your ideal reader
- Enrich a minor character or subplot
- Create a word bank of sensory words important to your story
- Flesh out a setting
- Create a character sketch
- Explore theme
- Write a 10-word pitch
- Create a list of things to do during your next writing session
- Explore backstory
- Write the opening three paragraphs of your next chapter
- Write the first three paragraphs of a one-page synopsis
- Describe what motivates the antagonist
- Explain what your main character wants and how they intend to get it
- Explain what your main character needs and how they intend to get it
- Explain what your main character must learn to grow
- Brainstorm ways to strengthen your inciting incident
- Describe the ending
- Explore a new idea
What would you add to this list?
Only have 15 minutes to write? A lot can be accomplished in small increments of time.